Sunday, March 11, 2012

Your name is Toby! Mar. 9

Sorry for the delays, I normally write these blog posts at the end of the day.. and the last 2 days I have fallen asleep while my laptop was playing a movie. ^_^;;

So on this day, it was wet again, but not raining, there was no sunshine due to the gray clouds covering the sky... and it was still a magnificent day.

I was finishing my lumberjack and grass moving work, and I also got to plant more seeds and seedlings for future growth. During my chopping work I discovered two things. The first was that in the grove that is perfect for resting, there is a large tree with a curved root base that is perfect of laying onto. Its a shame I finished my work there as I can no longer find an excuse to rest there as easily. The other thing was I noticed in a second grove, a series of tombstones. All from 1902-1903 and apparently were the buried remains of pets. Vincinet, Fiddler, (I forgot the 3rd one) and Janet the rat. My hosts said that these were most likely the remains of pets who belonged to a woman who owned the house at around the 1900s.

More importantly today there was a visiting grandson of my hosts. A lovely cherubim boy of 2 or so years that is named Toby.

My hosts love having him around and have done so well enough to speak his language. "Nana book!" "All gone." and other such lovely words like "Brr, up!" (I want up to see the birds.)

After I finished working I cleaned up and packed to return to Goggled's house, leaving half my things behind to dry after being washed and then I helped prepare another very English dinner.

"Toad in the Hole," kale leaves, mashed potatoes, roasted squash, and for dessert there was rhubarb cobbler with ice cream. It was today I discovered how delicious rhubarb is, and how much it is like strawberry in taste.

I was also introduced to the parents of Toby/Daughter of the Willots. Jenny and Andy are a nice couple and very busy. I was lucky enough to get a ride to Goggled's house from them while we talked about Venus and Jupiter being visible...ish in the English night sky.

Once at Gog's I also got to meet Nineleave's another friend of his from further north in the UK who came by to visit and stay over for a day or two. He has quickly proven himself to being attached to his smartphone. Literally. He keeps a battery device in his coat pocket for lighting flashlights or charging his smartphone on the go. (Thus it has a cord which goes into his coat, making him appaear phisically attached to his phone.)

We sat down for tea, chatted for a while and watched 'Felidae' while I fell asleep in this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment